The Modafinil Tree
This short blog is about the basics of Modafinil. The names, where it came from, who uses it, why people use it, and who makes it.
Like a beginner’s guide to understanding the origins and history of Modafinil.
Let’s start with the benefits of using Modafinil.
Modafinil is safe to use every day. Suffers from sleep disorders like narcolepsy are prescribed Modafinil to fight fatigue.
A standard treatment dose is 150 or 200mg tablet daily or twice daily, depending on the needs of the individual.
What does Modafinil do? This medication will help us stay awake, maintain focus, increase our alertness, suppress the appetite, and increase creativity.
Why so many names? Provigil, Nuvigil, Modalert, Waklert, Modvigil, and Artvigil.
They are the most common brands of Modafinil available today. Once the patent expired on Modafinil, other pharmaceutical companies could produce their versions.
So all of the names represent which company made them, for example.
Modalert is made by Sun Pharmaceuticals, Modvigil by H.A.B. Pharmaceuticals, and Provigil, Teva Pharmaceuticals.
What is Armodafinil? Researchers went to work on Modafinil after the patent expired to produce a more refined product called Armodafinil.
By the 1990’s Modafinil was widely approved by the F.D.A. Patients who suffered from sleep disorders loved the product.
Through more rigorous research and development, scientists discovered that Modafinil positively affected people who did not suffer from sleep disorders.
In the early 2000s, the military saw this advantage and soon prescribed Modafinil to the United States Air-force.
Fighter pilots and elite soldiers used Modafinil during the 2003 Iraq War.
With 20 different brand names for Modafinil, it cannot be evident for the novice.
So let’s set the record straight. All of the 20 have the same essential ingredient, Modafinil. All Pharmaceutical companies are not the same.
So we end up with a variety of strengths of Modafinil. For example, most Sun Pharmaceuticals products produce more potent nootropics than H.A.B. Pharmaceuticals.
Stronger does not always mean better! For example, when I take Waklert, I sweat a lot and talk way too much.
Not what I want at work. But with Artvigil, I get none of that. Just the alertness and focus I’m aiming for.
A Quick List of the Modafinil Products.
- Modalert, Sun Pharmaceuticals,
- Modvigil, H.A.B. Pharmaceuticals,
- Provigil, Teva Pharmaceuticals,
- Modafresh, Sunrise Pharmaceuticals,
- Modaheal, Healing Pharmaceuticals,
- Modafil MD, Intas Pharmaceuticals.
- Waklert, Sun Pharmaceuticals,
- Artvigil, H.A.B. Pharmaceuticals,
- Nuvigil, Teva Pharmaceuticals.
Today, Modafinil has grown very popular in the academic world.
Students, in particular, love the enhanced performance it offers when they need help with:
- Retaining information,
- And complex passing tests.
Because of the growing popularity and benefits, people worldwide are learning the benefits Modafinil offers.
On top of the popularity, Modafinil has been shown to have little to no addictiveness or withdrawal symptoms.
Making Modafinil the most popular brain pill to ever exist.
How Much Does Modafinil Cost?
Prices are in U.S. dollars, and we’ve used 100 tablets of Modalert 200mg as the benchmark.
- High Street Pharma 100 tablets = $104.00,
- Coupon discount applied,
- Sharkmood 100 tablets = $133.00,
- Buymoda 100 tablets = $169.00,
- ModafinilXL 100 tablets = $169.00,
- Mod.AF 100 tablets = $179.00.
When ordering from High Street Pharma, use the coupon code, welcomeback, to receive the discount.
We recently received an email from Shane, a new customer of ours.
Shane commented that he had noticed some unwanted side effects from Modalert 200mg.
He was talking a lot more and uncomfortably sweating all the time.
Being new to Modafinil, Shane wasn’t sure if the tablets were suitable for him.
We advised Shane to try half a tablet first, but we got a quick reply saying that he had tried that already.
We then suggested buying a small amount of Waklert and Artvigil and taking note of the side effects of each different tablet.
Fast forward a month, and we received these results from Shane.
The trials and errors of finding the right Armodafinil Dose.
Week one, days one & two
Armodafinil Dose, one Artvigil 150mg, in the morning.
- No rush or sweating, like Shane, had with Modalert 200mg.
- He felt regular but more energetic, focused & his mood was elevated.
- He got to sleep a little later than usual, other than that, a good result.
Armodafinil Dose, two Artvigil 150mg @ the same time.
- That had a very negative effect. Shane felt confused and had a slight headache eight hours later.
- It felt a bit like he was recovering from a hangover, a sort of brain numbness.
- It was not a very productive day. Shane felt some change in mood.
- But the effects were adverse enough that he said he would never try that again.
Armodafinil Dose, Day off.
- Said he felt fine; the effects of the day before had gone.
- However, He did feel like he had more energy.
Days five and six
Armodafinil Dose, one Artvigil 150mg, at 5 am. And another Artvigil 150mg two hours later.
- That was perfect. He was on point all day and did not miss a beat.
- Shane said he will still do that once or twice a month when he needs to finish much work.
- He slept fine that night.
Armodafinil Dose, Day off.
- Shane was still feeling the effects from yesterday. So he took the day off taking the supplement.
- But still a very productive day.
- Armodafinil is the longer-lasting form of Modafinil, about 6 hours extra. 12 hours total.
- Same effects as Modafinil, just longer lasting.
- Armodafinil is perfect for shift workers.
- No rush or uncomfortable feeling, just the focus & alertness all day.
Week two, day one
Armodafinil Dose, one Waklert 150mg,
- That’s stronger than the Artvigil and very similar to the Modalert.
- Sweating and a rush with the onset.
- Shane said he felt a bit on edge, and his mind was too busy to focus.
- He felt like getting up and doing something.
- A very productive day.
- However, similar to Modalert, he talked a lot more than usual.
- He went to the gym after work and did an intense workout.
- Overall not too bad, but not what he wanted at work.
- Slight headache that night; he slept okay.
Armodafinil Dose, half a Waklert 150mg (75mg).
- Much better and similar to Artvigil 150mg.
- Still a little bit on edge but nothing like yesterday.
- He took the other half at 11 am.
- No headache that night, and he slept okay.
- Very productive day.
Armodafinil Dose, one Artvigil 150mg at 5 am, and 1 Waklert 150mg, two hours later.
- After the adverse effects, Shane had double-dosing Artvigil. He decided against doing the same with Waklert.
- He was rocked by 8 am.
- It felt like he was on amphetamines, his mouth was dry, slightly sweating, and I couldn’t stop talking to anyone who would listen.
- Shane said that this combo was probably not the best at work, but on the weekend, for sure!
- A very productive day.
Day four & the end of the trial.
Armodafinil Dose, With the confidence of day three under his belt. He went for two Waklert 150mg, two hours apart.
- A similar result today three.
- Again, not the best for work, but it was fun.
- Shane had a lot of trouble sleeping that night.
Firstly, a big thanks to Shane for recording his Armodafinil experience.
Shane left us with the conclusion that his perfect dose for Armodafinil is:
- One Artvigil 150mg daily,
- and on busy days, he will take two Artvigils, two hours apart.
Is Modafinil Safe? Where’s The Evidence?
In the H.B.R. article ‘Like It or Not, “Smart Drugs” Are Coming to the Office.’
The researchers at Harvard and Oxford Medical Schools showed that Modafinil has significant cognitive benefits.
H.B.R. argues that the use of Modafinil in the workplace, universities, etc., is becoming commonplace.
“After their study was published, media reports began to refer to Modafinil as the world’s first safe smart drug.”
From The Guardian.
Modafinil has emerged as the crown prince of smart drugs that promise:
- Enhanced memory,
- and an unrelenting ability to focus, all for hours at a time.
Modafinil is believed to enhance short-term memory by as much as 10%.
Reference & Recommended Reading